Tips on Roofing Repair in Selma, AL
Typical signs the roof needs to be repaired:
- Excessive water ponding on rooftop
- Water staining ceilings or walls
- Moisture inside the attic, or on the underside of the roof
- Sagging of ceilings or on the roof
- Ice dams collecting near the gutters
- Moss, mold or algae growth on the roof is a sign of moisture build-up
Shingle roof repair: What's the average cost?
To get an accurate estimate for roof repairs in Selma, contact a local roofing contractor. Here's a rough estimate based on a typical roof repair job:
A 30 square foot (6 feet x 5 feet) section of shingle roofing blew away or was damaged during a windy storm. The average cost of replacing the damaged shingles ranges from $200 to $400, depending the type of shingles used and complexity of the repair work.
Shingle roofs are not as durable as tile, metal or rubber roofs. However, the cost of repairing a shingled roof is typically less expensive than fixing other roofing systems. Shingles are readily available, inexpensive and easy to install.
Roof Repair FAQs